About novel coronavirus infection: Current status
- On April 7th, 2020, Japanese government issued an emergency declaration, since definite increase of patients infected by coronavirus occurred in prefectures of Saitama, Chiba, Kanagawa, Osaka, Hyogo, Fukuoka and Tokyo metropolis: These are the first target areas of the declaration.
- On April 16th, the government designated following six prefectures, Hokkaido, Ibaraki, Ishikawa, Gifu, Aichi and Kyoto, as additional targets of the declaration. https://www.kantei.go.jp/jp/singi/novel_coronavirus/th_siryou/kihon_h_0416.pdf
- The government simultaneously decided to regard remaining prefectures as targets of the declaration: All prefectures in Japan are therefore under restriction, tentatively till May 6th. Due to the decisions above, Yamanashi prefecture also declared regional emergency from April 20th to May 6th.https://www.pref.yamanashi.jp/koucho/coronavirus/info_coronavirus.html
- Based on the fact that the infection spreads by close contacts between people, the declaration requests us to refrain from going outs, homecomings and travels with no considerable needs. Outdoor exercise and/or labors without close contacts are good and welcome. Refrain from moving beyond prefectural boundaries is highly recommended.
- Information concerning novel coronavirus infection is much on our university websites. Please keep visiting them constantly: They are updated frequently.https://www.yamanashi.ac.jp/25101
Health care center, University of Yamanashi